This update brings many changes and additions, so the version number has jumped straight to 1.6.5.
- Day/night cycle, rain and dust/spores. Adds to the game’s atsmosphere dramatically, making each environment feel slighlty different depending on the time of day.
An option has been added to the options menu to toggle these on/off.
- Champion mode updated. Evil champions can now also spawn directly in the room to fight you.
Champion mode has been re-balanced. I underestimated the amount of players that would choose to be good, making the mode too easy. It’s now much more challenging.
- If the player’s shield is hit, the player will now be knocked back enough to avoid further attacks.
- Chests now drop a heart or token if you don’t win anything from spinning the reels.
- Many sprites have been updated.
- Lots of tweaks made to enemies.
- Lots of tweaks made to game balance (frequency of hearts etc).
- Gold key acquired splash no longer shows every time you restart.
The DRM-free version of Diehard Dungeon has been updated to version 1.5.
I’m pleased to announce that the Steam version of the game has been updated to version 1.5.
It’s been a while since the last update. The Steam release has kept me really busy, with lots of new additions and improvements since March. Taking full advantage of the Steamworks SDK has been really great, and has allowed me to add a lot of extra functionality and features to the Steam version that would have been very difficult, or near impossible to implement without it. Achievements, trading cards, global leaderboards and stats have been included.
A quick reminder: If you have purchased the game from either Desura, IndieGameStand or as part of a bundle (Indie Royale, Groupees) then you have a free Steam key waiting for you. For purchases made on GamersGate, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now that version 1.5 has been released on Steam, I can concentrate on getting the DRM-Free versions updated.
For the full list of changes since the Steam release, please visit the game’s announcements page on Steam.