Thank you to everyone that has voted on Greenlight.
Version 1.5 of the game is currently in development, which will include some new content as well as many refinements to existing content. This is the version that will launch on Steam. I’ll post the patch feature list very soon.
Diehard Dungeon has been updated to version 1.4.2 on IndieGameStand and GamersGate (Desura release is awaiting approval).
Version 1.4.1 was released silently a few days ago, which fixed an issue with the difficulty scaling incorrectly.
Version 1.4.2 changelog:
- All projectiles now collide with Chests.
- Containers that are on top of Spike Trap pressure plates, no longer spawn Imps.
- Dungeon Master Spectre no longer spawns in starting area.
- Modified Shield Runner enemy bahavior.
- Companion Chest Token drop rate resets correctly on retry.
- Enemy hit boxes tweaked.
Diehard Dungeon can now be purchased DRM-Free from IndieGameStand, at 50% off for the next week.
I’m very pleased to announce that Diehard Dungeon version 1.4 is now available. To celebrate, the game can be purchased from Desura at 50% off for the next week.
This is a very substantial patch, with many new additions and changes.
Thank you to everyone that has supported me by purchasing Diehard Dungeon. You have enabled me to continue doing what I love to do.
Diehard Dungeon v1.4 is about a week away from release. Until then, here’s a trailer and the changelog to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Stats – Rank, Time Played, Escapes, Times Died and more is recorded and viewable.
- Ranks – The better you play, the higher your rank becomes.
- New collectible – Heart Container. Increase the maximum number of hearts you can collect (20 maximum).
- New collectible – EXP. Increases your experience towards the next rank.
- New collectible – Tokens. Use on Token Wells (see below).
- New gameplay mechanic – Token Wells. Expend a token for a chance to receive a random bonus.
- New status effect – Fear. You lose control and flee.
- New ability – Immune to Fear.
- New enemy – Shield Runner. Relentless, spiked shield carrying enemy that will only stop when killed.
- New enemy – Sprite. Emits Fear and Poison shockwaves when it’s attacked or senses danger.
- New exit criteria – Pyramids. Emits Fear, Poison and Daze shockwaves, has a shield and must be destroyed in order to exit the area.
- New trap – Spinning arrow shooter.
- Status effect precidence – Fire > Fear > Poison > Daze
- Enemies are now susceptible to all status effects.
- Companion Chest drops tokens as it collects treasure.
- Water extinguishes fire much faster!
- Player/Enemy speed is reduced slightly when walking on water.
- Best ending achieved by exiting the dungeon at maximum rank, releasing Champions and defeating the Dungeon Master.
- New game logo.
- Dungeon Master ambushes – the dungeon master will release a spectre to fight you, if or when he deems you to be a threat. The higher your rank, the more likely this will be.
- Dungeon Master portrait image fixed.
- Many, many sprites improved or re-created.
- Many, many particles improved and new ones added.
- Bomb pots no longer activate by simply coming into contact with something.
- Hard routes are unavailable at low ranks.
- All routes are hard at high ranks.
- Control pad no longer vibrates if using mouse/keyboard controls.
- Player will no longer exit an area by being hit into the exit. The player will only leave if they move into the exit intentionally.
- Enemy and Trap projectiles will now collide with all enemies and containers, and not just the player.
- Player projectiles produce a splash on impact with water.
- Chest winnings are now dropped instead of being automatically collected.
- Final gold chest will drop tokens if already opened in a previous playthrough.
- Fire engulf time bug fixed.
- If destroyed, chests will drop either a heart or a token.
- Many, many minor fixes and alterations.
The newly released demo features the first 2 areas of the game and a boss fight.
The demo will also be available to download from GamersGate within the next few days.
As always, stay tuned for updates on the upcoming major content patch, version 1.4 “Evolving the Formula”.
Here’s a trailer showcasing the current state of the game (version 1.3.5)