Version 1.4 Trailer + Changelog
Diehard Dungeon v1.4 is about a week away from release. Until then, here’s a trailer and the changelog to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Stats – Rank, Time Played, Escapes, Times Died and more is recorded and viewable.
- Ranks – The better you play, the higher your rank becomes.
- New collectible – Heart Container. Increase the maximum number of hearts you can collect (20 maximum).
- New collectible – EXP. Increases your experience towards the next rank.
- New collectible – Tokens. Use on Token Wells (see below).
- New gameplay mechanic – Token Wells. Expend a token for a chance to receive a random bonus.
- New status effect – Fear. You lose control and flee.
- New ability – Immune to Fear.
- New enemy – Shield Runner. Relentless, spiked shield carrying enemy that will only stop when killed.
- New enemy – Sprite. Emits Fear and Poison shockwaves when it’s attacked or senses danger.
- New exit criteria – Pyramids. Emits Fear, Poison and Daze shockwaves, has a shield and must be destroyed in order to exit the area.
- New trap – Spinning arrow shooter.
- Status effect precidence – Fire > Fear > Poison > Daze
- Enemies are now susceptible to all status effects.
- Companion Chest drops tokens as it collects treasure.
- Water extinguishes fire much faster!
- Player/Enemy speed is reduced slightly when walking on water.
- Best ending achieved by exiting the dungeon at maximum rank, releasing Champions and defeating the Dungeon Master.
- New game logo.
- Dungeon Master ambushes – the dungeon master will release a spectre to fight you, if or when he deems you to be a threat. The higher your rank, the more likely this will be.
- Dungeon Master portrait image fixed.
- Many, many sprites improved or re-created.
- Many, many particles improved and new ones added.
- Bomb pots no longer activate by simply coming into contact with something.
- Hard routes are unavailable at low ranks.
- All routes are hard at high ranks.
- Control pad no longer vibrates if using mouse/keyboard controls.
- Player will no longer exit an area by being hit into the exit. The player will only leave if they move into the exit intentionally.
- Enemy and Trap projectiles will now collide with all enemies and containers, and not just the player.
- Player projectiles produce a splash on impact with water.
- Chest winnings are now dropped instead of being automatically collected.
- Final gold chest will drop tokens if already opened in a previous playthrough.
- Fire engulf time bug fixed.
- If destroyed, chests will drop either a heart or a token.
- Many, many minor fixes and alterations.