Version 1.2 Progress Report
Apologies for the lack of updates. Work on v1.2 is progressing slower than I would have liked, but it’s almost finished.
Some of the features I intended for v1.2 will now be postponed until v1.3. This is due to them taking more time to implement than I had anticipated.
The features delayed until v1.3 are:
- Saving (quitting a game will save progress, with saves being deleted upon continuing)
- Stats (total deaths, total treasure, time played etc) – was never really inteded for v1.2, but I would have liked to have included it.
- Unarmed combat (a weak attack for when the sword has been dropped)
Now the good news…
v1.2 includes the following:
- 2 new areas (1 being a new starting area)
- 2 new bosses
- new enemies, and improvements to some existing enemies
- secret switches that reveal teleporters (see next point)
- teleporters that transport the player to bonus/challenge rooms (bonus rooms contain either treasure, a secret “guaranteed win” chest or a trapdoor minigame (optional))
- 5 new abilities (Mithridate, Lightfoot, Trigger Happy, Forget Me Not and Looter)
- random difficulty switching between areas (each area will have an easy and hard version. Choose white route for easy and red route for hard)
- options menu with music/sound volumes, vibration on/off and quick start on/off (see next point)
- quick start option (enable to skip the intro/tutorial parts of the game, and start with sword/gun/chest)
- particles effects / blood have been tweaked
- many other minor changes
I hope to have the patch finished/released within the next few weeks.